Thursday, August 25, 2011

first 10K

It took me over two months to say yes to my friend Melissa, who asked me to run a 10k with her.  It was for her daughter Valerie who died less than two weeks from her due date.  It was devastating and this run was part of her healing process.  It wasn't that I didn't want to support her, it was that I was scared at the thought of running 6.4 miles!   I finally comitted myself and enjoyed my first run.  The race started at 8:00am and it was an overcast day-perfect.  My time was 1:05 which made me very happy as I had never run that well practicing--Yeah adrenalin!  Another runner told me I had  a good pace--Thanks I didn't even try :) I just wanted to stay on my feet and run the entire thing!
I had a great experience.  I've decided that it is a bit like golf.  You go and try to improve upon your time(or score)the next time around...I'm not promising anything!

why don't the people in nike ads look like this?

Happy it is over!  Yeah for music!



My biggest fan

this was the group who ran and some walked

The girls want to start running!


3 comments:

  1. Great job Tricia. You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I'm so inspired! Running scares me to death. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Tricia!! I am so so proud of you. You motivate me to want to get moving after the babies come. :) We will see what happens. I think I am most impressed with your time, way to be consistent! I agree with Michael, you look awesome and I can't wait to see you. Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete